Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Monday Cooking Group

I belong to a cooking group that meets on the 1st Monday of each month. We have a different theme each month and take turns being in charge. Sometimes we have a cooking demonstration.
It's a great way to try new recipes and a fabulous excuse to eat good food and visit with friends. This months theme was Indian food. I don't eat alot of Indian food so I really didn't know what to expect. Most of the dishes were really good. I made a Bombay Chicken and Rice dish which I thought was very good. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com . My favorites were the Kulfi (ice cream). The one on the clear plate was mango and kind of an ice milk, and way yummy. The other was just plain with pistachios sprinkled on top. It had a smoother texture to it and also was oh so good.





Pictured in our group shot is Shelly Carter, Jeanette, Sue Griffith, Susan(friend of Kauly), Kauly Arms, Stacie Dartnell, Heidi Meyer.

No comments: